Want to know how to make a homemade body exfoliator like the kind you find at Lola Soap? Making an exfoliating scrub at home can be an affordable way to give your skin a little TLC while knowing that 100% of the ingredients you used are all-natural. One of the easiest homemade body exfoliators that you can make is a sugar body scrub! A sugar body scrub uses sugar grains’ natural abrasiveness to rub away dirt and dead skin cells to help renew your skin! Here’s how to make it.
Ingredients for a Homemade Body Exfoliator
Making a homemade body exfoliator is really easy, and you’ll only need a few ingredients that you almost certainly have around the house!
What You’ll Need:
1. 2 Cups of Cane Sugar – naturally abrasive and good for all skin types.
2. 1 Cup of Oil – Avocado oil or coconut oil works wonders, but any oil will do! Other great oils to use for a homemade body exfoliator are:
Sweet Almond Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
3. A Scented Oil (Optional) – Vanilla Extract, Essential Oils, or anything that smells good that you want to add.
These ingredients are great for your skin and will have enough essential nutrients to feed your skin! You can even use this sugar body scrub a few times a week.
Using All Natural Ingredients for a Sugar Body Scrub
As you can see, you only need 2 simple ingredients, and they are all-natural. It’s important to use all-natural ingredients on your skin because you don’t want to use any harmful chemicals or ingredients you can’t even pronounce. At Lola Soap, we use all-natural ingredients when formulating our handmade soaps and bath products for the same reason! When making your sugar body scrub, be sure to look for Pure Cane Sugar and an all-natural oil (the highest quality that you can find)!
How to Make a Homemade Sugar Body Scrub
Once you have your ingredients, making the sugar body scrub is easy.
1. Throw the sugar and oil into a mixing bowl
2. Mix the ingredients until you get a nice little paste. It should be thick, so don’t overmix! If you overmix, throw it in the freezer and let it harden, and mix again.
3. Store your homemade exfoliator in an airtight container and store it for later!
Lola Soap Handmade Soaps and Homemade Body Exfoliators
Looking for the best handmade soaps, bath bombs, and sugar body scrubs? Then you’re going to love Lola Soap! All of our products are handmade by some of the most creative soap makers around! You’re going to love the way Lola Soap products look, smell, and make your skin feel.